English camp in the Carpathians
- Our Camp has been successfully working in Ukraine for 13 years
- More than 8000 of children have visited Big Fish
- 68% of children entered to the foreing colleges and universities after the Big Fish Academy
We teach children to change the world, starting with themselves
The main goal of all camp activities is the development of skills needed in real life:
- independence - the child lives without parents, but under the supervision of sensitive counselors and teachers
- consciousness in every matter: study, rest, creating one's own happiness
- teamwork is an important skill for successful study and work in the 21st century
- proactivity and responsibility for one's own actions
- understanding one's role and the role of others in a common business and in personal life
Projects for kids of 12-17 years old
STEM – science, engineering, mathematics
- ‘Happiness measurer’ phone app creation.
- Catapult – building a throwing machine for colours at Holy Fest or water balloons for Water Fight.
- Song Production. All stages of production and realisation of a song – from melody composing to concert organisation.
- Ukrainian folklore – research of myths and legends of Bukovyna region, designing and creating masks of mythical creatures, and finally performing these legends on stage
- ‘Different but Equal’ – researching what diversity and equity are in society, developing an ‘Inequality detected’ chatbot, which helps to detect inequality and harassment around a bot user.
- ‘Camp ecology’. This social project aims at working out an algorism of developing a better camp community communication and vibe around us
- Real Life sized board game creation.
- Event and entertainment institutions management for the whole camp
Hobbies, sports and trips
Every day campers can try out different hobbies of their choice. We offer at minimum 10 different options: ceramics, music, dancing, beading, felting, board games, leadership, psychology, photography, theatre, filmmaking, mountain hiking, survival in the nature, and even sign language. And, of course, including daily open-air sports and games hour.
In the middle of the session, there is the most awaited day in the camp – Excursion Day. Depending on the weather conditions, campers choose one of the options: mountain hiking, paintball, rafting, mountain climbing, national part excursion, a walk to the waterfall, or zip line
* Rafting is additionally paid
10 certified native-speaker teachers per camp session
All our teachers have more than 4 years of work with children. All of them are certified to teach English to foreign children and teenagers, or are teachers in schools in the UK and the USA
20 counselors, 10 of whom are native speakers
Big Fish Academy counselors are cheerful and easy-going youth who are able to create an atmosphere of trust and establish a special relationship with children
Medical staff and 2 psychologists
24/7 medical support in the camp. 2 psychologists are always on duty in Big Fish Academy, whom children can address at any time
More than 35 specialists: administrators, cooks, waiters, representatives of security services and many others work in the camp and ensure the comfort and safety of children
the potential of everyone
At Big Fish we emphasize on the revealing of inner motivation for learning and self-discovery. Children choose their favorite activity from 12 hobby options - art, music, drama, choreography and even sign language! Children can also enjoy more than 30 different sports and active games.
At the end of the session at Big Fish, parents will receive a detailed report on the child's performance at English classes and psychological development during the session. You will be able to clearly see how your child has developed, what has achieved and what competencies has mastered.
At Big Fish Academy, children eat delicious and diverse food. The menu always includes
- first courses
- meat dishes
- dairy products
- seasonal vegetables and fruits
- fresh baking
- a large selection of drinks
- natural Carpathian honey
- fresh berries, Carpathian tea from the collection of the most useful herbs
- dishes of the peoples of the world
- Bukovyna culinary highlights
Special Menu for Children
Gluten-free diet, avoiding allergenic products and other doctor recommended diets
Parents` and Kids` experience in Camp
Forestpicturesque nature of the Carpathian mountains
Airecologically clean zone
Roomsnext to the counselors
Stagefor the concerts and events
Volleyballand basketball courts
Footballpitch and roller drome
Pool, recreation area with deckchairsrecreation area with deckchairs
- Accommodation for 5 people and 5 meals a day
- 30 hours of English classes with native speakers
- 15 hours of hobby activities of various directions (12 options to choose from)
- 20 hours of project work in the chosen area
- 24/7 support of counselors, medical staff, psychologists, security
- Transfer from Kyiv and Odesa (train and bus)
- Individual feedback from a psychologist about the child
- All materials for the camp program
Do you want your child to:
- Not simply improve your child’s English level but get carried away with the desire to learn it up to the perfection;
- Try themselves in one of the professions of the future;
- Develop teamwork, creativity, leadership, and communication skills;
- Participate in creating a real project;
- Spend 2 wonderful weeks surrounded by friends in the picturesque Carpathians;
- Become braver, more independent, determined, self-confident?
Choose the camp and book a session at Big Fish Academy. Your child will be thankful to you!
View our other camps
We follow British standards of English teaching and creating English language summer camps.
In Big Fish Academy you can find language camps for kids and teenagers of all age and different intensity of learning English