Holidays in Cheltenham
- fully immerse themselves in English study and practice
- meet peers from all over the world and create lifelong connections
- have (at least) 5 excursions, as well as complete 2 projects that will improve their chances to get to a top University in the future
a TOP UK private Boarding School
Campers will live in a prestigious private school in Cheltenham, learn English with teachers from different corners of the world, but also complete project work, the results of which can be added to their CVs or portfolios.
English programme consists of 2 parts. Firstly, reinforce the basics: focus on grammar and vocabulary enrichment. Secondly: practice, as practice makes perfect. Campers will apply their knowledge in real-life projects, and master the speaking element during Speaking clubs.
On top of that, everyday communication, excursions and evening events are also conducted in English. We’ve already told you that this is a full immersion package!
Each week is devoted to project work: children choose 1 project out of three, and stick with it for the entire 2 week.
The goal is to finalise a project that you can add to your portfolio/CV, that will add value and open up opportunities, when it’ll come to your future.
Вusiness and marketing: create, plan and run a real event. Art and creativity: re-making famous masterpieces. Unilab: a boot camp on how to get to the best university or course for you.
During the session, campers have an entire weekend in London, including its:
- most famous attractions and sights
- Science, Natural and Art Museums
- London Dungeon which offers some breathtaking activities
- and, of course, shopping
SIGHTSEENGS. BRISTOL & BATH
In Bristol & Bath we’ll:
- take selfies on Clifton Suspension Bridge & Observatory
- reveal secrets of Bristol’s past
- walk around colorful houses along the river
- see those Roman Baths built almost 2000 years ago(!)
EXCURSION IN CHELTENHAM
Cheltenham is a quintessential British area: home to royal Castles, the most famous horse-race event, as well as one of the top private schools in the UK (where we’ll be residing!). Our excursion to the city-centre will be organised in a quest format & will include tasks like:
- wave as the late-Queen (and current King) does;
- identify architectural peculiarities in the local castles;
- scoop out an ancient mystery from locals
EXCURSION TO COTSWOLDS
We will visit Cotswolds National Landscape, which has preserved its authenticity since 1380. We will walk along picturesque little streets and look at peculiar local houses, built long ago with a specific purpose (storing wool!), as that used to be a main business direction in the old times.
Cotswolds excursion has 2 options to choose from: a hike and a cycle tour. To get the most of the time among beautiful landscapes, we'll get to the location by bus and spend half of the day there.
Every camp day is full of different activities. The morning starts with excursions or projects, and at noon campers study English. In the evenings, we also keep rolling: special evening events, discos, quizzes, and a London night walk:
- Team Building
- Mini Olympics
- Party in the park
- Movie Night
- City walks
THREE MEALS A DAY
THREE MEALS A DAY
- 3 meals/dat at a self-service restaurant
- 2 menu-options for every meal
- vegan and vegetarian menu options available
- allergy elimination diets
Cheltenham Ladies' College
picturesque Harry Potter-stylelocation in Cheltenham
moderntoilets and showers on the floor
technologicallyadvanced classrooms and big event halls
SESSION DATES IN 2023
09.07 – 22.07
23.07 – 05.08
IN A NUTSHELL
- 2 weeks experience at a UK's TOP private Boarding School
- 35h of English lessons in total with qualified, native English teachers
- 25h of project work & real-life skills training
- 2 full-day excursions & 2 half-day excursions to London, Bristol, Bath, and Cheltenham
- 24/7 supervision by qualified counsellors
- Age of students: 10-17 years old
* We offer airport pick up
* If the visa is needed, we will get you in contact with our partnering visa agency
* You can find out all the details from our managers
View our other camps
We follow British standards of English teaching and creating English language summer camps.
In Big Fish Academy you can find language camps for kids and teenagers of all age and different intensity of learning English